Eric was born in Titusville, Florida and graduated from Cocoa Beach High School. His undergraduate studies were completed at the University of Central Florida (Go Knights!) where he received his Bachelors of Arts degree in psychology, graduating with honors (Cum Laude). Following his graduation, Eric worked in the mental health field, eventually supervising a program for patients with schizophrenia and other severe mental illnesses in Orlando, Florida.
Eric is a longtime student of Chinese martial arts, a certified instructor in kung fu and tai chi, and is the author of “Old School Kung Fu”. This love of Chinese culture combined with his experience growing up in a medical family and his own personal experience recovering from injuries sustained in a scuba diving accident is what led him to study acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine at the Florida College of Integrative Medicine. In the 16 years that have followed, Eric has provided tens of thousands of treatments and consistently furthered his knowledge in Traditional Chinese Medicine, modern neurology, and related studies through post-graduate work, continuing education training, and healthcare seminars throughout the country. He has recently published his second book, The Acupuncture Information Manual, which is an evidence-based manual on the use of acupuncture for over 40 medical conditions.
Eric gives workshops on a wide variety of topics, including acupuncture and Chinese medicine, superfood nutrition, weight loss, nutrition and cancer, and many others. If you would like to schedule him to speak at your event, please let us know.
Eric Hunstad, L.Ac
- Licensed Acupuncture Physician by the Florida Board of Medicine
- Licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine by the Florida Board of Medicine
- Graduate of the University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, with a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology (Cum Laude)
- Graduate of the Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Bachelors of Science in Professional Health Studies
- Graduate of the Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Nationally certified by the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and holds Diplomate status in Acupuncture
- Member of the Florida State Oriental Medicine Association (FSOMA)
- Member of the Society for Acupuncture Research (www.acupunctureresearch.org)
- Member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- fertileHOPE CAM service provider